Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Practice pays off!

So we had been practicing what to do when I had a seizure. The drill was pretty straight forward and not unpleasant to practice. I do like to get snuggled. Soon after we were visiting friends with a very stimulating home and I was overcome. It's hard to put it altogether. Before I lost consciousness Markus scooped me up and held me firmly. They figured out this makes the seizure a little less tiring for me and reassures me. I remember him rushing me to the car and sitting on the front seat when I lost it. A short time later I came around with Adele lightly covering my eyes and reassuring me. She must have gotten the meds into my mouth because I had that nasty aftertaste as I calmed down. The world slowly came into focus and I licked Markus' face to say I was alright. Adele set out some water and I washed away the cotton and medicine aftertaste. We all sat quietly and I enjoyed a power snack for a moment. Whew, I thought, it's good to know those drills helped and I feel better knowing they're ready. After that I was good to go the rest of the day. Markus doted on me a bit - he gets a little overprotective sometimes...

No comments:

Post a Comment